Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have to thank my cousin Carlene for my re-awakened awareness of my blog page! Her blog, Horseshoe Bend, reminded me that I also have stories to share. Thank you, Carlene.
I am sure that most of these posts will bore some or all of you to tears. Some will evoke nostalgia. Some will evoke the "Holy crap! I can't believe that she told that!" response... and some, occasionally, will just bring on the head-shaking tsk-tsking "what is she thinking?" mindset. I'm 53. I don't care. I own that right, bought and paid for by years of meek, sweet, mouth-shut niceness.
So read at your own risk. This is coleslaw and hushpuppies. Plenty of fiber, mixed and shredded, a bit innocuous at first glance, but flavored with salt, pepper, vinegar, and creamy goodness.You didn't have coleslaw without hushpuppies in our house ... so it comes in small, neat littel round packages -  deep fried, loaded with cornmeal, onions, buttermilk, and served up hot and fresh - all told,  a grainy goodness, full of good, wholesome, if grainy, truth. Settle back with the sweet tea or your glass of buttermilk and a spoon and spend a few minutes here, going back there, for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment